Building Services Fire Protection
Durasteel enclosures provide protection against fire to cable ducts and general building services in accordance with the relevant criteria of BS 476: Parts 20: 1987 and 22: 1987. Durasteel systems are suitable for providing protection to services even under extremely aggressive environments.
The Durasteel systems described below ensure the integrity of fire compartments if the services are required to continue functioning in the event of fire.
The maximum permissible dimensions for enclosures are up to 3000mm x 1500mm for up to 240 minutes fire resistance. For hanger sizes, please contact us.
View Fire Duct Interactive Drawings
- Durasteel boards, 9.5mm thickness.
- Steel flanges, fabricated by cutting and welding 50mm x50mm x 3mm thick angles, are bolted together with M8 nuts and bolts at nominal 250mm centres to form continuous sections.
- Cable tray or services enclosure.
- Corner steel angle reinforcement, 50mm x 50mm x 3mm thick, these corner angles do not require any mechanical fixing to the flanges (2).
- Support channels, sized according to duct weight, size and required fire resistance.
- Steel hanger rods, sized according to duct weight, size and required fire resistance.
- Cables or services.